3.27.2009

Clip a damn coupon!!


In these economic times, I’ve seen the influx of coupons go way up. There’s nothing wrong with that certainly because with people losing jobs left & right, even the necessities are a little hard to come by. This week at work I found myself devoting 45 minutes searching for online printable coupons. I found ones for KFC, Dairy Queen, and Friday’s. When I came home, there was an entire coupon circular waiting for me in the mail. I have to admit, ya girl was a lil excited. I mean I still have my job, but the less money I have to spend to get what I need the better. I thought back to a time not too long ago where it seemed taboo to say that you clipped coupons. I guess people felt it told others visually that they didn’t have the money to buy things full retail price…how fucked up is that?!?! From working in retail, I know firsthand that as soon as a sale sign goes up around some merchandise, the masses come flocking. I think that coupons are a way to give yourself a sale. They’ve been out for eons, so why not take advantage of them? I recall a story I saw of a woman who can feed her family of five for $10.00/week on groceries. Anyway, this woman does the most thorough job of coupon clipping I have ever seen in my life. But it pays off. I think that I’m going to start a project and use as many coupons as possible in the next six months. I’ll tally up how much money I save. I plan to put that money in one of my savings accounts, and see if I can save up enough to take a trip somewhere. In addition to clipping coupons, I’m gonna cook more too. I love Panera Bread, Chipotle, and Chik-fil-a as much as the next person; but, I can hear my wallet whimpering when I come out of these establishments. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE THE FOOD! Just right now with the horrendous commute I make to work (Thank you Jesus that’s changing in a few days), I find myself making the choice to get gas or to eat. FML. So yeah, I’m gonna start giving myself sales by using coupons. Anyone with me?

No comments: