12.27.2009

"So Mom, there's something I gotta tell you...."

So I sat down two weeks ago and told my mother about my relationship with my then gf, now fiancee. My mother has NEVER been aware of my bisexuality, so me telling her about my attractions to women AND my involvement with someone she's previously met was shocking. I knew that my mother wasn't going to disown me or anything, but my news wasn't necessarily going to lighten her emotional load. She's watching one of my uncles battle against leukemia through chemo. Her worst fear is to find this particular uncle of mine dead in his apartment, like she found my other uncle. On top of that, my father and the word cooperation have a long standing feud.

My mother & I have always been very close and share almost everything. I know there's going to be things about my life that she will NEVER know, but me being bisexual isn't one of them. The deciding factor for telling my mother was that I'm committed to my relationship with my fiancee. I love her with all my heart, and I want to build a future with her (I mean, I did say yes right?)

I know that my mother's heart has been broken, and I feel terrible about it. It pains me to the core. I feel as if I have let my mother down, but in the same thought, I feel that I have to live my own life. I have to keep happiness around me...and my Tracey makes me happy....<3

No comments: